Event: Shelburne Pond Studios and Sculpture Exhibit (SPS) will be participating again this year in the Vermont Craft Council’s 2018 Spring Open Studios Weekend (OSW). SPS is a unique arts destination that boasts of over a dozen multi-disciplinary artists’ studios in an authentic converted dairy barn, large sculpture installations on the stunning surrounding grounds and a uniquely Vermont scene. SPS has had very successful Open Studio weekends in the past, drawing visitors from across the state, US and Canada. This year we are again transforming SPS into a large community arts event by inviting local artists and crafts people, musicians, and food vendors to join us.
When: Saturday, May 26 and Sunday, May 27, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Rain or shine
Who: Artists and crafts people with original visual art and/or hand-made crafts.
Deadline for application: Saturday, April 14, 2018
Delivered by post to: Shelburne Pond Studios, c/o Kathy Stockman, 1260 Pond Road, Shelburne, VT, 05482
Delivered by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Fee: Applicants must include or send a check for $35.00 to be made out to Katharine Stockman. The check will be processed only when an applicant is selected by the Shelburne Pond Studios artist selection committee to participate. Funds will not be reimbursed if applicants withdraw their participation at a later date. Checks from applicants who are not selected by the committee will be returned or destroyed. If you would like your check returned to you, please include a self-addressed and stamped envelope.
Applications should include: (1) the applicants contact information and (2) application fee ($35). (3) First time applicants should include five good-quality images of different works that are representative of what will be available at your booth / tent. Returning artists need not submit images. Applicants should also include any special needs they may have (i.e. access to electricity.)
Notification: All applicants will be notified of the selection committees’ decisions by email no later than Monday, May 7.
Rules and Regulations:
- This event will be a rustic outdoor event. Open Studios will go on, rain or shine. Participants are responsible for the shelter and protection of their work (overnight, as well).
- Applicants are responsible for their own display needs: table, booth, chairs, tents, extension cords, easels, etc…
- Participants can price and sell their work directly from their tent / table keeping all proceeds. The participating applicants accept that Shelburne Pond Studios is not responsible for any theft or damage to their work.
- Participants are responsible for their own tent / table signage, labelling, etc.
- **Participants will also advertise their participation in the SPS OSW to their mailing lists(s), friends, family, local area merchants, etc.