Katharine Stockman, stone carver
I’m a resident of Shelburne, Vermont. I began carving stone in 1999, as an alternative to welding large metal sculpture in our small driveway in Cambridge, Massachusetts. There was an open studios weekend at the DeCordova Museum in Lincoln, Massachusetts and I was captivated by the stone carving demonstration. My husband and I now live here on our farm in Shelburne where we have the Shelburne Pond Studios.
I simply carve whatever inspires me at the time with ideas taken from dreams, photos, nature, humor and the stone.
- Stone and Wood Carving / Stone Sculpture
- DeCordova Museum School, Lincoln, Massachusetts, 1999 – 2005. Studied under Angelica Lee, Rosie Taylor and Scott Cahaly.
- Stone Weekend
- The Carving Studio & Sculpture Center, West Rutland, Vermont – 2000
- DeCordova Museum School, Juried Student Exhibits 2000, 2001, 2002
- Hinesburg Fall Festival, Artists Exhibit – 2009, 2010
- The Carving Studio and Sculpture Center Member Exhibit – 2010
- Stone Carving - CVU Access Program – 2007, 2008
- Shelburne Art Center – 2008
- Lake Champlain Waldorf School – 2008 to present
- Private lessons at Shelburne Pond Studios, Pond Road in Shelburne – 2007 to present.
- Vermont Artists Week – Johnson Studio Center, 2010
1260 Pond Rd.
Shelburne, VT 05482